If you need to wait on the Job's completion, then why don't you call it
instead of submitting it?  That way, your Java code will wait until the
program is finished, and then it will continue processing.

If you want to know how to do this, just let me know, and I'll post it.
Chris DeLashmutt
Senior R&D Analyst
LeasePlan USA
1165 Sanctuary Pkwy., Alpharetta, GA  30004
Phone: 678-202-8695
Fax: 678-566-8551

                      Ashish Kulkarni

                      <kulkarni_ash1312@y        To:
java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      ahoo.com>                  cc:

                      Sent by:                   Subject:  Running job in batch
from java
                      java400-l-bounces@m

                      idrange.com

                      10/13/2003 12:05 PM

                      Please respond to

                      Java Programming on

                      and around the

                      iSeries / AS400

Hi

I have a job which is submitted on AS400 in batch from
java,
So I have to write a java class which will submit this
job and then wait till the job is over on AS400,
This is my code which keeps in loop checking for
status
// code to call a CL job and get the submitted job
number here
Job myJob = new Job(as400, jobNumber, jobUser,
newJobNum);
String jobStatus = myJob.getStatus();
System.out.println("Job status before " + jobStatus);
while (!jobStatus.equals("*ACTIVE"))
{
myJob = new Job(as400, jobNumber, jobUser, newJobNum);
jobStatus = myJob.getStatus();
}

this job runs for about 5 min, and I think that if I
keep on running this loop for 5 min it will consume a
lot of server resources,

so I want to write a program which will sleep for 1
min before checking the job status.

Can  anyone provide me some clue or code on how to do
it
Ashish