I think this is a known problem (known to IBM Support) and a RCLSTG will
fix it up.

Frances Stewart

                      "Andy P"

                      <andy.prince@virgin        To:
java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                      .net>                      cc:

                      Sent by:                   Subject:  Restored OS/400
V5R2M0 & now hava Java problems!
                      java400-l-bounces@m

                      idrange.com

                      09/08/2003 10:02 AM

                      Please respond to

                      Java Programming on

                      and around the

                      iSeries / AS400

Hello,

My ops guys have just restored OS/400 V5R2M0 to a new box (SAVSYS & SAVLIB
*NONSYS etc.), now when I try & run any java app (from QSH or RUNJVA)
including starting up Websphere V5 (native_stderr.log) I get this error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
      java/lang/Throwable.<init>()V+4 (Throwable.java:73)
      java/lang/Error.<init>()V+1 (Error.java:32)
      java/lang/LinkageError.<init>()V+1 (LinkageError.java:24)
      java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError.<init>()V+1
(UnsatisfiedLinkError.java:23)
      java/util/zip/ZipFile.<init>(Ljava/io/File;I)V+85 (ZipFile.java:105)
      java/util/jar/JarFile.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+9 (JarFile.java:52)

sun/misc/URLClassPath£JarLoader.getJarFile(Ljava/net/URL;)Ljava/util/jar/JarFile;+50
 (URLClassPath.java:496)

sun/misc/URLClassPath£JarLoader.<init>(Ljava/net/URL;Ljava/net/URLStreamHandler;Ljava/util/HashMap;)V+36
 (URLClassPath.java:462)
      sun/misc/URLClassPath£2.run()Ljava/lang/Object;+82
(URLClassPath.java:253)

sun/misc/URLClassPath.getLoader(Ljava/net/URL;)Lsun/misc/URLClassPath£Loader;+9
 (URLClassPath.java:242)
      sun/misc/URLClassPath.getLoader(I)Lsun/misc/URLClassPath£Loader;+65
(URLClassPath.java:219)

sun/misc/URLClassPath.getResource(Ljava/lang/String;Z)Lsun/misc/Resource;+25
 (URLClassPath.java:132)
      java/net/URLClassLoader£ClassFinder.run()Ljava/lang/Object;+24
(URLClassLoader.java:594)

java/net/URLClassLoader.findClass(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Class;+16
(URLClassLoader.java:195)

java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClass(Ljava/lang/String;Z)Ljava/lang/Class;+41
(ClassLoader.java:300)

java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClass(Ljava/lang/String;Z)Ljava/lang/Class;+21
(ClassLoader.java:293)

sun/misc/Launcher£AppClassLoader.loadClass(Ljava/lang/String;Z)Ljava/lang/Class;+33
 (Launcher.java:281)

java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClass(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Class;+1
(ClassLoader.java:256)

java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Class;+1
 (ClassLoader.java:316)
Java program completed with exit code 1

5722JV1 LICPGM options are not in error & if I try & run an app specifying
the previous JDK to use (java -Djava.version=1.2 appname) it runs fine, it
seems to be a problem only with JDK 1.3 (my default JDK).

Thanks in advance for any help.... Andy P.