--- Adele Cavalli <adele_cavalli@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Mark,
> but as I told, my company is not interested in Ws
> development and I cannot download anything on our
> as/400. Therefore I would like to implement and run
> the whole thing on pc platform (server, development
> tool, etc) without any as/400 connection.
> Adele.

Adele,
Hopefully you have access to the WDSCi (Websphere
Development Studio Client, built on eclipse) CD's that
are offered to the iSeries shops.  With WDSCi, you
have everything you need for development.  It even has
WAS express & WAS 4.0 built into the tool.  If you do
not have access to the CD's you may need to go to
developer works

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/toolbox/download.html?ca=dtb-r2v6onl

or IBM and download trial versions.

As far as tutorials, you can do a google search on
WSAD (Websphere Application Server), WSSD (Websphere
Studio Site developer),WDSC, Eclipse, etc. and get
tons of hits.

One good site that has a lot of audio/video web
tutorials on WSAD, building web sites, web services,
etc is webspherecentral.com.

Also do a search in the www.redbooks.ibm.com site, you
will find loads of information & tutorials in there.
And all IBM's redbooks are available in PDF for free.

If & when you may want to try your hand at
implementing your projects to the iSeries, you may
want to lease some time on an iSeries via internet.
There are many sites, but virtual400.com is one that
comes to mind, and for around $30 or so per month you
have access to iSeries, Tomcat, Websphere, and now
that I think of it, they did even offer WDSCi.

Have fun,

Don McIntyre