Hi,
        Thanks to all for the information. I think I may have incorrectly
described the situation. I "said" several multi-threaded applications.
What I was "thinking" was several Websphere applications... not exactly
the same thing I know, and I apologize. My typing wasn't keeping up with
my thoughts, or vice versa.

        So, that being said, as far as synchronizing on the JDBC
Connection object, I don't think that is necessary, since I am getting a
connection from the Websphere connection pool, using it, and putting it
back for each call. Even with multiple-requests getting serviced by the
same app at the same time, they wouldn't all be using the same Connection
object, and I am certain my Java code is thread -safe. So I think it is
safe there.

        I am beginning to think everything will be fine. I believe, and
correct me if I am wrong, every call will be serviced by a different job.
That being the case, I think I will be able to make multiple calls to the
RPGLE stored procedure, and since they are each running in a different
job, I shouldn't have to worry about their thread safety. The RPGLE
program does not update any files. The only concern I would have is the
output parameters possibly getting hosed. But, if I understand things
correctly, that problem goes away if they are running in different jobs.
Again, I apologize for the confusion, and thank you very much for your
help.

Dan Feather

Dieter.Bender@xxxxxxxxxxx (Dieter Bender)
Sent by: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/08/2003 02:23 AM
Please respond to Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400