Hello,
        I have written an RPGLE program that utilizes a service program
for calculating the price of a given item. I have written this program so
that I can use it as a stored procedure, which I plan on calling from
several multi-threaded applications. In the past I ran into problems with
stored procedures that returned result sets, and I eventually found out
via links provided by several nice people on this list that the cursors
opened in those stored procedures are not thread safe. So, when I started
developing this new stored procedure I went looking for information on the
thread-safety of RPGLE stored procedures, and I have not successfully
found information leading to a conclusion. I checked the usual resources
(google, ibm.com, Redbooks, mid-range archives, etc.), and ran some tests
of my own, but I want to be more certain than I am that RPGLE stored
procedures are thread safe. So, I was wondering if anyone here knew of a
source of information on this specific subject that I may have missed, or
knew off-hand if they were thread safe. Thanks in advance!

Dan Feather