For another approach, you might want to consider setting the
QIBM_CHILD_JOB_SNDINQMSG environment variable.  This works for all spawned
processes, not just JVMs.  This is also helpful when debugging shell scripts
executed via STRQSH(command).

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/info/rzaha/qibmenv.htm