Joe,

Along with what Mark has mentioned, I would use Linux for my CVS
server if that is an option. The NT version works but not all features

are supported in all releases. CVS on Linux is what the Eclipse
developers use and test against. The latest versions of eclipse
have problems with empty directories in CVS and cannot "move"
a tag (PROD from version 1.1 to 1.2) as the expectation is that
the tag would be something like prod_1_2. For this you will have
to go outside of Eclipse.

Unlike Mark, I have multiple repositories with fewer modules in each.
With Eclipse 2.0+, you can do "check out as", which will let you
specify the project type unless it is already set (by a .project file).

Modifying project types of things in CVS is risky and likely to
trigger a complete replace of your project in CVS. Another tip is
that you want to set your source type correctly (ascii for text
files, etc) from the preferences/team/file content menu because
fixing them later is a pain (right click and change type).

David Morris

>>> joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/09/03 07:14PM >>>
> From: Mark Phippard
>
> I would create an empty project in WSAD of the right type, like a
Java
> project or Web project, and then manually import the code.  I imagine
you
> would do an Export from VAJ.  Then in WSAD do Team -> Share
> Project and add
> it to CVS.  This will create a module for you.  I would avoid any
embedded
> blanks in your project name, as that will then transfer to the
> module name,
> and some things like the CVS Ant tasks seem to have trouble with
that.

Thanks, Mark!  This is an excellent starting point.  Like anything,
it's
those first steps that are really difficult.  Let me see if I can get
this
to work.  I was trying it the OTHER way - importing the code into CVS
and
then accessing it from Eclipse (I'm trying to use base Eclipse rather
than
WSAD, just to keep it simple), but that was where I ran into the issue
of a
module list.  Perhaps doing it this way will create it.

Thanks especially for the pointer on project names.  Those kinds of
things
are just the issue that will drive a newbie like me insane.

> This will not get you your history.  Other than "simulating" the
change
> process via export and import -- ugh -- I do not know how you could
get
> that over.

If that's what must be, that's what must be.  I have a question,
though: can
I do this externally (using CVS command line commands) and then
somehow
"resync" my Eclipse project?

Joe