Hi,

I'm in hurry and going out of office for 10 days,
please send me another mail latter!
some comments in the text

On Monday 07 April 2003 22:27, you wrote:
> Hi Dieter,
>    In the last week this is what we have done to find the possible bottle
> neck in the system:
>
>    We tried to run the application in isolation when almost the entire
> system was at the disposal (9406-720, 2GB memory, 50% DASD utilization,
> DZDASOINIT runs in machine pool etc...). This is what we have seen:
>
> 1. DB Monitor shows that actual SQL time is negligible. It takes about 1.8
> seconds to perform SQLs involved (about 25 SQLs).
looks quite good

We noticed that OPEN and
> DE
I assume direct execution

(I don't know what is this -- description??) operations seem to take
> most time out of this 1.8 seconds. Question is how do we make the opens
> reuse ODPs? In our case every SQL seems to do full open.

If an open of a cursor takes time, there might be an index missing.

start the db monitor before making connection for all jobs and you will see
debug messages.

Note that we are
> using JT400 to access AS400 data from servlets which are running on a PC
> Webserver. Other question is what is this DE record and how do I reduce the
> overhead there??

use prepared statements, wherever possible and cash already prepared
statements for further use.

> 2. Overall response time is about 15-20 seconds. We feel that once the data
> is obtained by servlet it should not take more than 1-2 seconds to create
> the HTMl with images and render the page.

normally milliseconds!!!

Where else is the time lost?? Is
> this thanx to JT400??

No, its not the driver (try more than 1 version and recent ones -> JTOPEN

Note that the high speed PC server and AS400 are on