I have a server app that does it's logging to System.out
and when it runs on the AS400 the output goes to spool file
QPRINT.  This behaviour works well as it allows for a sort
of java joblog.

The problem I am having is that the log fills up QPRINT and
then the job gets stuck waiting on a QSYSOPR message that
the spool file QPRINT is full.  This is installed on many
as400's each with their own needs on QPRINT (so changing
 QPRINT is NOT an option).

I would like java System.out to go to a different spool
file.  I want to avoid re-working the logger to use the
Toolbox to output to the spool file.  I am hoping for a
solution that can work by either config or in the CLP that
starts teh java server.

I once got this tip from IBM but I find it doesn't work on
newer releases.  That tip is to do an OVRDBF of QPRINT to a
print file of your own creation (with *NOMAX of course).
 Like so....

OVRPRTF    FILE(QPRINT) TOFILE(&LIBRARY/SERVER)
OVRDBF     FILE(QPRINT) TOFILE(&LIBRARY/SERVER)
RUNJVA     CLASS(main.Server) PARM('/setup' +
             &PROPS '/home' &HOME '/port' &PORT +

I have both the OVRPRTF and OVRDBF to show that I have
tried both.  This has worked on our v4r4 box (jdk1.3) but
doesn't work on the same box at v5r1 (jdk1.3).

Any help/solutions/workarounds are appreciated.

regards,
Glen