David,

Thanks for the response.  I need just a little bit more of a nudge in the
right direction if you don't mind.  I added the array list to my form along
with a the corresponding getter and setter methods then placed the array
list on the form.  I can not get the logic:iterate tag to work unless I
place the array list as a separate object in the session.  Can you tell me
what I am doing wrong?

Here is the jsp code.  odjb2 is a data bean, summaryOrderDetailList is an
ArrayList of odjb2 beans  This code works if I separately place
summaryOrderDetailList in the session using
session.setAttribute("summaryOrderDetailList" , summaryOrderDetailList) but
if I set it on the form and stop placing it in the session, the following
code stops working.

               %>
                   <logic:iterate id="odjb2" name="summaryOrderDetailList"

               <%

//**************************************************************************
************
                    //  Set up alternating row colors

//**************************************************************************
************
                   bgColor = bgColor.equals("silver")? "white" : "silver";
                %>

                    <TR bgcolor = "<%= bgColor %>" >
                      <TD width="200">
                         <bean:write name ="odjb2" property="styleSizeColor"
/>

                       </TD>
                       <TD width="200">
                        <bean:write name ="odjb2"
property="styleSizeColorDescription" />
                      </TD>

                      <TD width="148">
                        <bean:write name ="odjb2"
property="manufacturingOrderNumber" />
                      </TD>
                      <TD width="148">
                        <bean:write name ="odjb2" property="rollNumber" />

                      </TD>
                      <TD width="148">
                         <bean:write name ="odjb2" property="totalYards" />
                      </TD>
                      <TD width="200">
value="0" size="10" maxlength="10"/>
                      </TD>
                    </TR>

                 </logic:iterate>

Thanks for any advice you can give me -hopefully it will not be to start a
lawn service as a career :-)