From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of David Morris
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 9:48 PM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: jspc pre-compiler for Tomcat

Mark

That's a good question, and only testing or someone
with an inside track on what is happening would know.
I have found that precompiling seems to speed up the
initial load of jar files even with custom class
loaders.

David Morris

>>> MarkP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/07/03 18:34 PM >>>

Why would you do a native compile on a JSP?  My understanding has always
been that only classes that are loaded by the system class loader can
take
advantage of the native compile.  For Tomcat, that pretty much means
everything after the bootstrap classes is going through the JIT.
Certainly, all of your application code is being run from an application
class loader.

Mark