Joe,

I haven't seen where anyone is doing that, but it wouldn't be too
hard. You can create scripting tags more easily than with ant or
velocity and the expression language is pretty powerful. There
are two ways I know of you might retrieve the output of the Jelly
script, you can embed your java source in XMLOutput returned
from a JellyContext object, or you could write your tags to open
a shared file stream.

This is a pretty good way of generating source as long as it doesn't
have to be modifiable along the lines of JSP. There is already a
boat load of custom tags you can use to work with files, messaging,
email, SWT, etc. In fact, Jelly can wrap most of the other java/xml
scripting tools.

David Morris

>>> joepluta@PlutaBrothers.com 02/07/03 04:41PM >>>

> From: David Morris
>
> Just wanted to let you know that Jelly is became a real Jakarta
> sub-project today so the URL I posted could change any time.

David, I haven't had a real good chance to review the whole project.
understand the PDML-like behavior.  But can Jelly actually generate
Java
source code?  That would be a nice side-benefit.

Joe