Mark,

I checked a version into CVS as part of the iSeries-toolkit, you
can find it at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/iseries-toolkit/iseries-toolkit/src/java/org/iseriestoolkit/database/

I had to make some modifications to pull out some user swapping
routines, but you should be able to work with this. I set the default
ConnectionManager implementation in a property. That allows me to
use this against Oracle, mySQL, postgreSQL, etc.

David

>>> MarkP@softlanding.com 01/28/03 05:42PM >>>

David,

Yes, I would be interested.  If you could send me the details, or an
example, that would be great.  I am basically just looking for
something
that can work equally well under WebSphere or Tomcat.  This pretty
much
means going with something based on DBCP.  What I like about the
Struts
approach is that it is configured entirely within my web app, vs. in
the
application server.  Your approach sounds similar.

The main thing I probably need to know is which combination of
drivers/classes works best.

Thanks

Mark