Tom --

Since this problem appears to be with a class provided by CSC, I would
contact them for help.  It looks like you have WebSphere global security
turned on but no authentication Credentials are being sent by the caller
to the getProviderList method which requires that its caller be
authenticated.

Has this setup ever worked?
What authentication mechanism are you using?
What client is calling getProviderList?  The stack trace provided in the
log should help.
How do you login to this setup?  Which class is responsible for
obtaining the Credentials?

HTH,
Gary