Stephen,

Does WebSphere 3.5.3 support JSP 1.1? I think it may only support the
1.0
specification. I use Struts quite a bit but use Tomcat. You can see if
it is your
bean or the tablib support by doing using one of the struts tags. Try
something like:

<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="logic" %>
  <head>
    <title>Test</title>
  </head>
      <logic:notPresent name="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE"
scope="application">
          ERROR:  Application resources not loaded -- check servlet
container
          logs for error messages.
      </logic:notPresent>

This should compile and work/fail depending on whether you have an
ApplicationResources class set up.

David Morris

>>> Gibson.Stephen@burlington.com 06/17/02 10:12AM >>>
I am using Websphere 3.5.3.  I have created an application that returns
collection of Order History beans.  I am trying to use a JSP to display
this
collection using the Struts custom tag library Struts-Logic.
Here is the JSP source:

<!-- InvoiceList.jsp -->
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html" %>
<%@ page import="com.leescarpet.claimautomation.OrderHistoryBean" %>

<%@ taglib uri="/Web-inf/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/Web-inf/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>

<HEAD>
<META name="GENERATOR" content="IBM WebSphere Page Designer V3.5.3 for
Windows">
<META http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css">
<TITLE>
Invoice Selection
</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">

<P>
<H1>Select the invoice for the customer filing the claim</H1>

<TABLE>
  <TBODY>
     </TBODY>
</TABLE>

<FORM>

<TABLE>
  <TBODY>
    <TR bgcolor="lightblue">
      <TH width="125">Invoice Number</TH>
      <TH width="89">Invoice Date</TH>
      <TH width="185">Customer</TH>
      <TH width="148">Acknowledgement Number</TH>
      <TH width="114">Acknowledgement Date</TH>
    </TR>
    <%

//**************************************************************************
************
        //  Set up alternating row colors

//**************************************************************************
************
      String bgColor = "silver";
    %>
    <logic:iterate id="ohl" name="ohl"
type="com.leescarpet.claimsautomation.OrderHeaderBean" scope="request"

    <%

//**************************************************************************
************
        //  Set up alternating row colors

//**************************************************************************
************
      bgColor = bgColor.equals("silver")? "white" : "silver";
    %>

    <TR bgcolor = "<%= bgColor %>" >
      <TD width="125"><jsp:getProperty name="ohl"
property="invoiceNumber"/></TD>
      <TD width="89"><jsp:getProperty name="ohl"
property="invoiceMonth"/></TD>
      <TD width="185"><jsp:getProperty name="ohl"
property="customerName"/></TD>
      <TD width="148"><jsp:getProperty name="ohl"
property="orderNumber"/></TD>
      <TD width="114"><jsp:getProperty name="ohl"
property="orderDate"/></TD>
    </TR>
   </logic:iterate>
  </TBODY>
</TABLE>
</FORM>
</BODY>

When I try to run this application in the Websphere test environment, I
get
this error:

Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an error page to
report
such errors more gracefully
com.sun.jsp.JspException: "Directive: Invalid attribute, prefix"
        java.lang.Throwable(java.lang.String)
        java.lang.Exception(java.lang.String).....

The error messag indicates there is someing wrong with the tag library
directive but I don't see it.  I have the struts-logic.tld file in the
web-inf directory of the test environment and have modified the
defaultapp
xml document by adding this:

   <taglib>
       <taglib-uri>/Web-inf/struts-logic.tld</taglib-uri>
       <taglib-location>/Web-inf/struts-logic.tld</taglib-location>
   </taglib>

Any suggestions???

Stephen Gibson

Lees Carpets