Am Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2002 14:08 schrieben Sie:
> The iSeries supports 2 "full" versions of WebSphere - most recently that
> would be WAS Advanced Edtion V4.0 and WAS Advanced Single Server Edition
> V4.0.  I would suspect that iSeries would be willing to support Enterprise
> Edition (or most of it) when there are enough iSeries customers who need it
> and are willing to pay they price for it to make it feasable to produce it.
> Currently that set of customers does not exist.

it can't exist, as long as it is not supported. customers asking for it will
get the advice to move to WebSphere on WINTEL or RS6000. And the my question
is: why not move immediate?

> As far as wanting to be able to developt Web applications using standards,
> WAS V4.0 is fully J2EE 1.2 compliant on iSeries as it is on the other
> platforms.

I agree, but making calls to existing components, you can't use CORBA and you
have to use workarounds with stored procedures or even worse as400 Toolbox
and with each statement
AS400 myAS400 = new AS400();
you will leave all standards!

> On the lighter side, I think it is only fitting that iSeries marketers on
> road shows ask "what is enterprise edition",

this is telling me: as400 is not a strategic platform for WebSphere

> when I have heard that some
> non-iSeries marketers have been known to ask "what is AS/400".

this is telling me: as400 is no strtegic product for IBM