Wayne,

You might try setting the isolation level to none. Something like:

commit (if you need this)
set transaction isolation level no commit

David Morris

>>> Weining.Xu@AIG.com 02/01/02 09:17AM >>>
Hi,

I have a Java program run on AS400 using native JDBC driver.  I have
no
problems to insert, delete or update any tables in DB2 database on
AS400,
but when Java program inserts data from DB2 table into a flat file on
AS400
library(which is not journalized), the error message says the file is
not
journalized, that makes sense.  But I can do the same insert SQL
statement
from Operation Navigator's SQL Editor.  I thought that may be
autoCommit was
not set up as true, so I specifically set the autoCommit as true in
program.
It still failed.  In this case, I do not need the file be journalized
in
order to rollback.

I am not quite sure why it is OK to run SQL statement directly, but
failed
in Java program?  Any help??

Thanks,

Wayne