Just to share what we are doing in our current project:

We have multiple connection pools.
We use a different pool for each library.
Each pool's connections are established one user ID specific to a library.
The user ID used to connect each pool has the appropriate library as the
default/current library.
Thus, if we have N libraries, we have N user IDs and N connection pools,
each with a possibly different # of connections, depending upon usage.
Whenever a request comes in for a specific library, we use the appropriate
connection pool to obtain a connection.

We tried an earlier approach with one connection pool and switching
libraries on the fly after obtaining a connection, but this caused errors
because of open data paths to other libraries. So, this was abandoned.

Did anybody have success with using one connection pool with run-time
library switching, such that a connection can possibly  service more than
one library?

Thanks.

Regards,
Bharath.