Yes.  There is both a Websphere Test Environment-like facility.  Rather
than some specialized WAS versions, it is actually a locally running
copy of WebSphere Application Server Advanced Single Server Edition for
Multiplatforms.  You click on the your project, then right-click and
select "Run on Server" and it is automatically deployed into the test
environment and executed.  WSAD even has a Web Browser built in to test
servlets and JSP pages.  You can also automatically deploy and run on a
real (ie remote) WebSphere server with the same one-click interface.  In
addition, there is a Tomcat test environment also included that
functions in much the same way.  Finally, there is one-click deployment
to a real Tomcat server as well.

To register, try here:
http://www7b.boulder.ibm.com/dl/swws/swwsgddb-r?S_PKG=dl_wssad_gv&S_ACTI
ON=new&S_CMP=&S_TACT=&addsw=

(This may wrap in your email client)

This is just registering for WebSphere Developer Domain so you can use
an existing registration for that if you already have one.

Gary

> I've clicked on the link to download WSAD and it
> does require registration.  Do you know that
> URL off the top of your head? I could be
> searching the IBM site forever looking
> for it.
>
> Thanx, PLA

wssad_gv.
You may need to register to use this site but it's free.

The thing I also like about Eclipse is that it has an active bugzilla
database where enhancements and bug reports are readily accepted and
addressed quickly.  I've already had a few enhancements accepted and the
next release will pretty good, I think.

> In any event, I'm taking a wait and see attitude on the new toolset.
> Until I'm either comfortable that it has the same functionality as
> VAJ, or else I've lowered my standards of what an IDE should provide,
> I'm sticking with my good old VAJ.

As a long time VAJEE user, I've really come to like the performance and
features of WSAD.  Check it out!

Gary