> From: Gary L Peskin
>
> VAJ is, I believe, slated for the junk heap in 2004 so it will be around
> for awhile.  When I said that WSAD has all of the features of VAJ, that
> wasn't quite right.  At the moment, WSAD is designed for server-side
> development.  This means that it doesn't have VCE and, AFAIK, this is
> not planned.  I think IBM is hoping that some third party will step
> forward and provide this.  I never used VCE anyway, so I wasn't too
> focused on that.

Same here, as well as any of the wizards.  I use VAJ for nuts and bolts
middleware development, so I don't need most of those bells and whistles.

> The look and feel are (is?) really not that different from VAJ and are
> very intuitive.

This is good news.  Certain things in VAJ weren't very intuitive (especially
the lack of a point and click copy and paste for methods - the Reorganize
menu was always high on my students' lists of complaints).

> A large percentage of the Eclipse/WSAD developers were VAJ users so
> they're very familiar with the issues involved.

This is great news.  Thanks for the very specific updates.  I hate posting
things where I don't know the facts, and it was good of John to call me on
the specifics, but I just knew that there was a definite planned
obsolescence for VAJ.

Joe