WEBSPHERE BAGS FIRST J2EE 1.3 CERTIFICATION TITLE

http://www.webspherepro.com/wparchive/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewarticle&ContentID=397

Big Blue started off the new year with a bang when it announced that
its WebSphere software is compliant with the Java 2 Enterprise
Edition (J2EE) 1.3 standard. The move trumps BEA and other
competitors by being the first vendor to pass the J2EE 1.3
certification tests. The J2EE 1.3-certified version of WebSphere,
WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Version 5 Technology for
Developers, can now be downloaded for free.

WAS V5 Technology for Developers includes a number of new J2EE 1.3
technologies -- such as the Enterprise Java Bean (EJB) 2.0
specification, Java Connector Architecture (JCA), Java Messaging
Service (JMS) 1.2, and Common Object Request Broker Architecture
(CORBA) interoperability -- that make it easier for developers to
deploy Web services, which let applications work together better
over the Internet, says Stefan Van Overtveldt, program director for
WebSphere Technical Marketing. . . .
--Anna Brown, WebSphereWire Contributor

For the complete story, go to
http://www.webspherepro.com/wparchive/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewarticle&ContentID=397