From: Frances Stewart [mailto:francess@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 01 January 2002 19:52
To: java400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: remote debugging

These options are not currently supported on the iSeries. -Xdebug can be
passed in but has no effect I believe. -Xnoagent causes the JVM to fail as
an unsupported parameter I think.

Frances Stewart
WebSphere Application Server for iSeries 400
IBM Rochester

                    Glenn Holmer
                    <gholmer@weycogrou       To:     java400-l@midrange.com
                    p.com>                   cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     remote debugging
                    java400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    12/28/01 09:18 AM
                    Please respond to
                    java400-l

When we use NetBeans to debug servlets on a remote machine running
Tomcat, we start Tomcat with these arguments:

-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=7070,suspend=n

Then we connect to that JVM from the NetBeans debugger and can debug
and single-step our servlets.  Is anything like this supported in the
AS/400's JVM (1.3.0 on V4R4)?   I don't even see -Xdebug listed in the
output of java -X.  Being able to debug an RMI server on the '400 from
NetBeans on my PC would be ultra-cool.

The information in this e-mail and any attachments
(the 'e-mail') is confidential and intended solely for
the addressee(s) named above.  This e-mail may be
subject to legal professional or other privilege or legal
rules.  The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying
of the e-mail is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or a person responsible for delivering the
e-mail to the intended recipient you must not disclose,
copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part of it.
This e-mail does not, directly or indirectly, represent
financial advice.