Have you looked into using BigDecimal to handle the rounding?

Dawn Siegrist

-----Original Message-----
From: Xu, Weining [mailto:Weining.Xu@AIG.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 8:05 AM
To: 'java400-l@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: DecimalFormat

Joe,

May be I didn't say clearly on my question.  Add 0.005 to the number prior
to the rounding would cause the number always add one to the last decimal,
such as 2.3237 became 2.33, which is not what I want.  I just need to do
normal rounding, meaning if 5 and up goes up, 4 and below takes off.

Does anyone know if using double instead of float would give better rounding
results?

Wayne