Hmmm...  I was just sure I had figured it out.   ;-)

Is the com.ShipleyPgpEdi.SystemProp class declared as 'public' in its
source code?

Can you cd to the directory that has 'com' as a subdirectory and do:
     javac com/ShipleyPgpEdi/SystemProp.java
?

Just some random thoughts...  Btw, what version of OS/400?

-blair

Blair Wyman -- iSeries JVM -- (507) 253-2891
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I was born not knowing, and have had only a
little time to change that here and there."   -- Richard P. Feynman

                    "Mike Silvers"
                    <msilvers@hbs-inc.       To:     <java400-l@midrange.com>
                    com>                     cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Re: Problems
compiling a javaprogram
                    java400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    10/31/2001 01:44
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    java400-l

All I can say is..AAAGGGHHH!!!

I tried to move the source to the com/ShipleyPgpEdi directory, I tried to
compile from the root folder, from my home folder, and from the
/com/ShipleyPgpEdi folder.  All had the same results.  I even tried to
import the com.ShipleyPgpEdi.SystemProp; class.  I received the same error
that it can not resolve the symbol.

I compiled the classes successfully on a PC using the same package and
folder structure.

Any other ideas?

Mike