Chris (the Toolbox field description expert) says we don't retrieve those
values, we only let you set them.  Chris monitors the Toolbox forum at
http://www-912.ibm.com/j_dir/JTOpen.nsf/By+Category?OpenView.  If you have
additional questions please post them there.

David Wall
AS/400 Toolbox for Java

                    Michael Knezevic
                    <m.knezevic@porta.       To:     "Java/400 (E-Mail)"
<java400-l@midrange.com>
                    de>                      cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     getting field
description
                    java400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    10/12/2001 02:15
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    java400-l

hi,

i'm trying to get the field description from a physical file. i'm using
jtopen 2.04.

i got i so far that i got the field description in an array of
FieldDescription. when i do a getDDSName() on one FieldDescription object,
it works. But when i try to get the text with getTEXT(), i get nothing.
same with getCOLHDG(). in the DDS of the physical file the fields for text
and column heading are filled.

am i missing something which i should do?

cu

mk