Sal,

I did notice one other difference between our two machines. I see from another
post that you have 500M of ram, I am running 1G. My old 170 ran WebSphere
like you describe and had 320M of ram. That was also V4R4. I do know that
500M is plenty for Tomcat.

David Morris

>>> sals@mrc-Productivity.com 09/12/01 01:01PM >>>
Sorry, I didn't add this earlier, I was out to lunch.  Our machine is at
V4R5 and has a CUM package likely from this Spring.  The machine is set to
adjust performance pools on the fly.  I guess I'm wondering if this is a
hardware issue or a WAS issue.  David's post leads me to believe that this
has more to do with WAS.  Maybe I need to try Tomcat on my AS/400 as well.
I just didn't want to go down that route if other people already have.

Sal