  • Subject: Re: VAJAVA vs CODE/400
  • From: Chris Rehm <javadisciple@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:36:53 -0700

Mark,
   I see you mention that the toolbox is in the classpath, but I'm not sure if you mean in the "Workspace Classpath".
   I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't ignoring what you wrote, but that sometimes when people are new to VAJ (like me) they don't realize there are multiple places to set class paths for different reasons.
   Anyway, if it isn't in the workspace class path, that is set at Window->Options select Resources, then browse.
   If that is not the solution, let me know and I'll see if I can be of some help.
   Good luck!

MWalter@hanoverwire.com wrote:
OF5EA99E37.08B0C91B-ON85256A6C.00501C8E@HANOVERWIRE.COM">
Hello all,

I am a java newbie. I've been using CODE/400 for my java development but
could not get the debugger to work. I spoke to Vadim with IBM and he
suggested that I use VAJAVA. Ok. I'll give it at try. I imported a couple
of classes I've been working on into a project in VAJAVA. The classes
contain imports to the AS400JDBCDriver class. I'm importing
com.ibm.as400.access.* and the IBM Enterprise Toolkit for AS400 is showing
under the projects tab in VAJAVA.

When I ran the classes out of CODE/400, they worked fine. Now when I try to
run out of VAJAVA, I get a NoClassDefFound error on the AS400JDBCDriver
class. The toolbox's path is in my Classpath environment table.

Any help would be extremely appreciated as I am stuck here.

Thank you

Mark

Mark Walter
Sr. Programmer/Analyst