  • Subject: Java Stored Procedure Problems
  • From: BKresge@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 17:13:40 -0400

All-
I am a newbie to the AS/400; and am having some issues when trying to execute an extremely simple stored procedure from with Websphere 3.52.

When I try to call execute() on the CallableStatement, I get the following error in the Job Log:

------------------begin error-------------------
     Job 029366/QUSER/QSQSRVR started on 05/14/01 at 16:01:01 in subsystem
       QSYSWRK in QSYS. Job entered system on 05/14/01 at 16:01:01.
     User Profile = XXXXX
     Trigger program or external routine detected an error.
     Trigger program or external routine detected an error.
-------------------end error--------------------

Basically, I get "Trigger program or external routine detected an error." back to the Websphere console.

I am unsure where the exact problem lies; but I would suspect that it is DB2 (as opposed to Websphere).  Is there anyway to call this stored procedure natively on the 400?  At least that would narrow down who the real culprit is here.

Also, where can I look to get more detailed information that the above generic message?  Is there a DB2 error log?  Is the above the best I can get.  I am getting extremely frustrated because this is like finding a needle in a haystack.

---SYSTEM CONFIG---
AS/400 OS Release Level
-> V4R5M0 L00

AS/400 CUME PTF installed
-> C1100450 (TL:01100  Temporarily Applied)

AS/400 Database Group PTF installed
->SF99105 dated: 4/25/2001

Secondly, is there a way to change the CLASSPATH for the JVM that is running under DB2?  I don't believe it is an issue right now, but we do have some 3rd party libraries that we will be making use of in the stored procedures.  Am I really forced to un-jar all of them in the SQLLib\functions directory?

Thank you for any input you have!

Brian Kresge
Software Engineer