From: Kris Kottapali [mailto:kris.kottapali@Arch.com]
Sent: 25 January 2001 22:51
To: 'JAVA400-L@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: xml soap??

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-dynxml.html?dwzone=java

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/java-xml-toolkit/index.html?dw
zone=java

Kris Kottapali

-----Original Message-----
From: Bartell, Aaron L. (TC) [mailto:ALBartell@taylorcorp.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 4:50 PM
To: 'JAVA400-L@midrange.com'

There is one at www.alphaworks.ibm.com.  I took a look at it a while ago and
didn't think much of it.  It seemed that it was still pretty low level.
What would be nice would be a parser that acts just like an EDI X.12
translator.  That is what we need.  And in that case it shouldn't matter
what language it is written, RPG or Java, just let me have it.

I just want the ability to have an XML document and map all of the fields
within it to my the corresponding fields in my files.  When/If this happens
is when XML should be announced as a powerful player in the EDI world.  It
should not even be out there yet because everyone is making up their own
standards, and no, that is not the beauty of XML that makes it "old and
fat";-)

Aaron Bartell
"I felt like this on my way home"