  • Subject: Calling Java Beans from a JSP
  • From: tmalin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:03:21 -0600

  I have a simple *.jsp calling a java Bean I keep getting the following
  error!! com.sun.jsp.JspException: Compilation failed
  I am running WebSphere 3.02 on the AS/400 V4R5 JSP 1.0 support
  Thanks in advance
  Here is my basic code..

  <jsp:useBean id="simplebean" class="SimpleBean" scope="request"/>

  <HTML>
  <HEAD>
  <Title>Simple Bean JSP Page </Title>
  </HEAD>

  <Body>
  <H1>Simple Bean JSP Page</H1>

  <P>
  Hello, my name is:
  <%= simplebean.getFirstName() %> <%= simpleBean.getLastName() %> </P>
  </Body>
  </HTML>

  public class SimpleBean
      {