  • Subject: Re: JDBC : How to handle user-id and password
  • From: cujo@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 15:32:19 -0500

The Native JDBC driver has always worked this way.  Code along these lines:

// Register the driver by loading it.
Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver");
// Connect to the database.
Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection
("jdbc:db2://localhost");

Will connect with the user id and password of the running job.

With the Native Driver, the fact that we are using localhost here is not
significant.  Any connection that is needed will attempt to use the job
user id and password when nothing else is provided.

Regards,

Richard D. Dettinger
AS/400 Java Data Access Team

"TRUE! nervous, very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why
WILL you say that I am mad?
The disease had sharpened my senses, not destroyed, not dulled them. "

- Edgar Allan Poe
"The Tell-Tale Heart"

Dave Wall/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS@midrange.com on 10/27/2000 08:32:42 AM

Please respond to JAVA400-L@midrange.com