  • Subject: Re: Login/Logoff for AS/400 Servlet
  • From: dawall@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 13:04:18 -0500

I don't have the solution but I do have a little more info.

Logically you need to separate Toolbox signon processing with
browser/servlet processing.  The signon you see is probably the browser/web
server signon.  Via a feature of the web server, your program tells it to
gather uid/pwd information from the user via the browser.  My guess is your
code then feeds this uid/pwd to the Toolbox for the Toolbox connection to
the AS/400.  To re-prompt you need to force the web server / browser to
re-prompt the user.  This is independent of the Toolbox.
AS400.disconnectAllServices is a Toolbox thing and affects only connections
from the Toolbox to the AS/400.  It does not affect the web server /
browser uid/pwd cache.

I hope that helps a little.  I know it seems that the browser's uid/pwd
cache is flushed only at random times.  At least in Netscape that is due to
they have one daemon process that saves common info for each instance of
the browser.  If I sign-on to a protected page I can access that page from
any browser instance.  I am not re-prompted until all browser instances and
the daemon process go away.  At times I have to manually kill the daemon
process using the task manager to get Netscape to clean up enough so I get
a fresh start.

David Wall
AS/400 Toolbox for Java

Martinus Ivan <IVANM@MULTIPOLAR.CO.ID> on 05/03/2000 05:36:10 AM