  • Subject: Re: java........400 or java/400
  • From: Raghavendra Rao <raghavendra_rao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 02:59:04 -0800 (PST)

Hello Richard,
Gracias, merci', thanks a lot !!!! just one more small
detail, when i do this
 Lst.addItem("Trying to  register now ....");

Class.forName("com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver");
 Lst.addItem("I'm trying to  connect now ....");
 c =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:as400:SYS_NAME");

 lst.addItem(" connected ...."   );
 It doesnt connect, I'm using IE4, that got anything
to do with it !!
Thanks again,
Rao

--- cujo@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Sorry that no one responded to your question.  I was
> out last week or would
> have before this.  The problem here is that you are
> using the "Native" JDBC
> driver to attempt the connection.  The problem is
> that once you download
> the applet into the browser, it is running on the PC
> (client, excuse me).
> The native JDBC driver has no network layer built
> into it and therefore
> can't connect from a non-AS/400 client to the AS/400
> backend.  The native
> JDBC driver is designed for optimized AS/400 direct
> database access
> (although we might add further functionality in the
> future).  The following
> lines are from your first note:
>
> c = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:db2:*local");
> c =

DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:db2:"SYSTEM_NAME");