  • Subject: JDBC - log in?
  • From: "Luther Ananda Miller" <luther.miller@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 08:51:27 +0100

I think I already know the answer to this question ("NO") but I'll ask
anyway.

With C I can used embedded SQL and when a user runs the C program I compile
it into, no explicit database log in needs to be made. E.g., the program
just runs using the profile it was compiled with or run with depending on
how it was created. But the program does not need to know a username and
password to log in with.

Is there a way to accomplish this in Java too with native DB2 JDBC drivers,
or even the toolbox drivers? I would like the user to be able to run a java
program on the AS/400 without the program needing to either prompt the user
for a name and password or read a name and password in from a properties
file. I would like it to just use the user's profile ...

Luther

luther.miller @ hypere.com