  • Subject: Re: INSERT fails using JDBC native driver
  • From: "John Caruso" <JohnCaruso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:26:36 -0800

I followed your exact steps and received the same error:

> crtlib cujotest
  Library CUJOTEST created.
> qsh
javac TestJDBC10.java
$
java TestJDBC10
java.sql.SQLException: TEST in CUJOTEST not valid for operation.

com/ibm/db2/jdbc/app/DB2StatementRuntimeImpl.execDirect(ILjava/lang/String;I
I)I+12 (DB2StatementRuntimeImpl.java:90)

com/ibm/db2/jdbc/app/DB2Statement.genericDirectExecutor(Ljava/lang/String;I)
Z+147 (DB2Statement.java:754)

com/ibm/db2/jdbc/app/DB2Statement.executeUpdate(Ljava/lang/String;)I+31
(DB2Statement.java:789)
      TestJDBC10.main([Ljava/lang/String;)V+28 (TestJDBC10.java:14)
$

Release info:
 5769JC1   V4R2M0      AS/400 Toolbox for Java
 5769JV1   V4R4M0      AS/400 Developer Kit for Java
 5769JV1   V4R4M0      Java Developer Kit 1.1.7

It definitely seems that the driver is connecting (in error) as if I wanted
commitment control, and since the file is not journaled, I receive the
error.

I'm guessing this will go away once we install the latest cume tape, but I
had hoped someone had experienced this same problem before and could point
out a specific PTF to fix it.

John Caruso