  • Subject: Re: jdbc-IBM Connection Manager-Servlets and sql handles
  • From: Gary L Peskin <garyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:00:48 -0800

Alex --

Do you see a downside to asking IBM to enhance the
releaseIBMConnection() method to call Statement.close() on any open
statements?  Seems like if you assumed it would work that way, others
will too.  I don't see any justification for keeping the Statement alive
so it seems like the method should work as you first assumed.  It sort
of beats having hard-to-diagnose handle leaks for no good reason.

Did you have any discussions with IBM in this direction?

Gary