Thanks Will!

-----Original Message-----
From: egl-i-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:egl-i-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of William A Smythe
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 8:36 AM
To: EGL on and around the IBM i
Cc: EGL on and around the IBM i; egl-i-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EGL-i] Wooo Hooo!

The following new tutorial shows how to create a Web service and UI in EGL
that connects to MySQL:
http://www-949.ibm.com/software/rational/cafe/docs/DOC-3370

The tutorial is written for the EGL Community Edition tool (so the steps
will be slightly different for Rational Business Developer / Rational
Developer for i for SOA Construction)

Also, you should check out the new EGL learning materials that cover
database access, service access, etc:

http://www-949.ibm.com/software/rational/cafe/docs/DOC-3373
http://www-949.ibm.com/software/rational/cafe/docs/DOC-3374

These materials all use EGL Community Edition (CE). If you are simply
evaluating EGL, EGL CE is a good tool to start with. Installing is simple.
Here's a link for more information and to download:
http://www-949.ibm.com/software/rational/cafe/community/egl/ce?view=overview

Thanks,

Will Smythe
Product Line Manager
Rational Business Developer, EGL Community Edition, and Rational Migration
Extension IBM Rational Software, RTP, NC
919.254.8771
smythew@xxxxxxxxxx

To learn more about EGL, visit the EGL Cafe:
http://www.ibm.com/rational/eglcafe