To: <egl-i@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 6:31 AM
Subject: [EGL-i] RBD hangs after startup - no access to EGL-projects.

Hello Developers,

at the moment I´m using the RBD and RDi trial combination and have some problems with the workbench.

After start up I have the process messagen "Java-Tools will be initialized" with a never ending 1%-progress bar.

In the workbench´s task window are some tasks that are never end.

I can not change from the last opened data perspective to the Web perspective - therefore I have no access to the projects.

Closing the perspective or the workebench or the process, changing or opening to another pesrpective causes the workbench to hang...

Has anyone an idea how to solve this problem?

Using the newest version o RBD 7.5.1.4 and RDi 7.5.0.3 on a windows 7 64 bit system.

By the way:
I´m more or less new to egl but an experienced system i developer.
Has anyone system i experience and RBD/EGL experience?
Question: Does it pay off to change to EGL? Seems to be a good philosophy. But my impression since a couple of months is, that the reliability of the workbench is not given as expected.

Regards

Alexander

http://mail.yahoo.com