I tried to add the code to my project and getting "generation terminated
because the part tools.ServiceMonitor count not be found" error...

Is there something else I have to add to my code besides the "monitor
tools.ServiceMonitor;" definition?

-----Original Message-----
From: egl-i-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:egl-i-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of William A Smythe
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 6:44 AM
To: EGL on and around the IBM i
Cc: 'EGL on and around the IBM i'; egl-i-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EGL-i] egl service using "prepare" and "get" problem.

Check out the following blog by Chris Laffra (IBM EGL Rich UI Architect) -

It talks about debugging services. For example, you can have the Rich UI
code call an "onException" method in the client that can provide more
details about why the service failed:

function doit()
call foo.bar(...) returning to callback;
onException(exception AnyException)
... // service errors never get here!

private function handleException(exception AnyException in)
e ServiceInvocationException = exception;
writeStdout("OOPS. " + e.message + " " + e.detail1);
writeStdout("OOPS. " + e.message + " " + e.detail2);
writeStdout("OOPS. " + e.message + " " + e.detail3);
writeStdout("OOPS. " + e.message + " " + e.detail4); end

Will Smythe
Product Line Manager
Rational Business Developer and EGL
IBM Rational Software, RTP, NC

Visit the EGL Cafe - http://www.ibm.com/rational/eglcafe

[EGL-i] egl service using "prepare" and "get" problem.

'EGL on and around the IBM i'
08/16/2009 11:12 PM

Sent by:
Please respond to EGL on and around the IBM i

I have a service where all the functions have been doing "calls" to iseries
programs. All is working fine. I added a new function that uses "prepare"
and "get" to retrieve iseries data. In the IDE, this works great. When i
deploy it to my tomcat 6 server, it blows up calling the onException
function with the following error:

EGL1621E An error occurred while trying to invoke function:getinquirydata on
WebService:http://localhost:8080/acbwebprj/services/Acbsvc. EGL0001I The
error occurred in EGL Rich UI Proxy.

I have the feeling i am missing some configuration setting or file, but not

Any suggestions?

This is the EGL on and around the IBM i (EGL-i) mailing list To post a
message email: EGL-i@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list
visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/egl-i
or email: EGL-i-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2020 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].