Michael,

I'd have to run the installer again and I don't have the DVD with me at the moment. But, there is an option to install "stand alone" or "all in one" where it installs an eclipse instance AND the J9 JVM (which adds some capabilities) - I am sorry I can't remember the option name or have a screen shot. I looked at the online documentation but it isn't much help. The bottom line is that you can install RBD to use an existing eclipse installation OR have RBD install an eclipse instance as part of the install. I started with the former and then backed up and took the latter. That instance is located here: "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\eclipse.exe". It looks like the installer changed up the eclipse.ini in C:\eclipse\ to be RBD specific before I "backed up". I posted in the MyEclipse forum to see if someone had a "vanilla" eclipse.ini I could look at so that I could at least start MyEclipse again. I am close to getting it running again.

At minimum, you'd think RBD would make a backup copy of the eclipse.ini file before it changed it. Maybe it did and I just can't find it....

Pete

MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Where did you tell it to install "stand alone"? If you installed to C:\Eclipse, it's writing over the top of your MyEclipse install. I haven't tried exactly the same setup as you, but I have successfully installed RBD separately from other Eclipse-based installations.