Nope, not really....

IMO, there's not much adoption of EGL (it seems), so opinions are
scarce. I'm losing support for this product (within my department) at
an increasing rate, as we can't find much to get us started. Too many
of the tutorials we've found are for EGL versions we no longer use, or
we applied a fix which changed a dialog, or it just doesn't work as
described... We'd love to find someone using it, and IBM is supposed to
be getting back to us with local EGL customers, but so far, we're just
waiting.

I'm getting really frustrated with this whole infrastructure change.
We've reviewed IBM's Modernization Road Atlas (Roadmaps are no longer
comprehensive enough, it seems..) One thing is certain; there is risk
in the selection of technologies that we adopt, and we are ill-equipped
to assess these risks. Will the technologies we target be viable for
the duration of this project? Which technologies meet our needs for
secure, web-services-based applications deployment across IBM i and
Microsoft platforms? What other infrastructure do we need to support
user access to these services-based applications? Portal server?
Someone here suggested we use SharePoint... Does that support portlets
generated by Rdi-SOA? Right now, there are just too many questions...

My hope with EGL was the extensibility of the runtime. As new
technologies come into fashion, EGL should be able to accommodate them.
This would seem to ensure the relevance of this technology far enough
into the future to ease that worry, but the apparent lack of adoption
paints an alarming picture...

If anyone has anything to say about this, please chime in.

Thanks,
Eric DeLong