Just wondering if there are any general recommendations or
considerations when selecting an enterprise application architecture.
By that, I mean which technologies are recommended: WEB 2.0 (business
mashups), Portal Server / Portlets, etc.

We have development teams for IBM i and MS .net, and we want to
understand which technologies help to bridge the gap between the two
platforms. I have been reviewing some of the differences between the
Business Mashup hybrids and Portal based aggregators, but I'm unsure of
how .net relates to either of these approaches. I assume that there
must be some way for IBM i to generate services that are compatible with
MS, but I'm unclear on this.

Sorry if these are newbie questions, but we're meeting with IBM tomorrow
to discuss our modernization strategy, and I want to have some idea of
where to focus my attention.

Thanks in advance,
Eric DeLong