I hope so too.
However I am thinking that he's looking at setting a Domino server on
Windows will allow us to fill another need. We use IBM Security Identity
Manager (ITIM) to sync passwords between Windows, Domino, IBM i. It has
to talk to a Domino server. However the one we currently has an outage
every week late on Saturday evening. Apparently that's a popular time to
change passwords and the ITIM agent doesn't fail over to another Domino
server. I thought about using another IBM i based Domino server but that
often just shifts the window around. With Windows servers the maintenance
(or lack thereof) on them is not my problem. I did contact IBM about ITIM
not failing over and basically got the "cry me a river, why don't you"
response.
In summary, I suspect my boss may not pursue this so hard.