Thank you Amy. 40 containers times 40,000 nlo's per container approaches
2 million, well 1.6MM. And it's slower to back up lots of little objects
versus 1 big object.

I have 803,336 objects in /ARCHIVE1/NOTES/DATA/DAOS. Of these 100,084 are
larger than 1048576. Totalling to a size of 395,639,959,997. Total size
of all objects less than 1048576 is 179,593,939,632. Roughly 180GB. What
I don't know is how many of these are in more than 1 file. So I can't
compute half of these are in more than one file to determine if that's
(90GB) + (90GB * 2) or 270GB or an increase of 90GB I'd be chewing up by
changing my minimum size from 64k to 1MB.

So, is it worth 90???GB of disk to remove 700k plus objects (just in that
server alone)? We backup that server once a quarter and it takes 6 hours
and 38 minutes to backup the ifs (excluding qsys.lib and the usual
others). ARCHIVE1 is clustered to ARCHIVE2. ARCHIVE2 is backed up once a
week as we only archive compact once a week. It takes an additional 3
hours and 40 minutes to backup the ARCHIVE2 directory. The lpar running
ARCHIVE2 is only 55% full of 4TB.

See RTVDIRINF, PRTDIRINF, iNav's "Run SQL Scripts" and
select count(*), sum(QEZDTASIZE)
from routines.qaezd0025o
where QEZDIRIDX IN (
select QEZDIRIDX from routines.qaezd0025D
where QEZDIRNAM1 like '/ARCHIVE1/NOTES/DATA/DAOS%')
and QEZDTASIZE>1048576;