[==> FUP to Rob's questions about 8.5.1 FP3...

Instructions say to remove any hotfixes so I do a
DSPPTF 5733L85 RLS(V8R5M1) because I am running both 851 and 850 and can't
remove hotfixes for 850 to put on a 851FP.

[==> Correct, it is not necessary to remove 850 hotfixes to apply an 851
fixpack.]

In that I see
PTF
ID Status
L602787 Temporarily applied

[==>L602787 is a "combo" hot fix that contains 17 unique SPR fixes. Due to
the complexity of this hot fix, it is advisable to contact Lotus Support to
determine which fixes are not included in 851 FP3 and request a new hot fix
that can be built for and applied to 851 FP3. L602787 will need to be
removed before you apply 851 FP3.

FP68511 Permanently applied

[==> this is 851 Fixpack1. No need to remove, and it cannot be removed
since it is PERM applied.

Well, I can't remove a permanently applied fix so I am going to assume
that answers my question. My question was "Should I delete earlier fix
packs

[==>no, any fixpack PTFs do not need to be removed; only hot fixes for the
same release.]

along with any hotfixes?

[==>yes... just remove the hot fix, then apply the new fixpack - 851 FP3 -
and then a new hot fix from Support for any SPR fixes that are not included
in 851 FP3.]"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
In this same vein, how do I tell what SPR's were addressed by L602787 to
see if they were also addressed in FP3? I tried searching ibm.com
directly and also tried google.

[==> There should be some information provided with your hot fix PTF that
describes which SPR(s) are fixed. In some of the simpler cases, one hot
fix will address one SPR and that is easy enough to determine whether that
fix is included in the Fix Pack by checking the Notes/Domino fix list:
http://www.lotus.com/ldd/r5fixlist.nsf/Public?OpenView
(link also provided in the fix pack README). In more complex cases, such as
the "combo" hot fix L602787 that you have applied, contact Support as
described above.

Regards

Barbara Hwy 52 & 37th (Embedded
Foss St. NW image moved