Thanks for sharing all of your information Rob! Surunas seems to be the
ticket based on my experiences with my customers as well.
It seems there are always issues in one way or the other with Smart
Upgrade in most releases. Hopefully they'll get a fix for your open PMR
Kim Greene Consulting, Inc.
iSeries Domino consulting, education, and performance
To: Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/31/2010 08:06 AM
Subject: Re: 8.5.1 fp2
Sent by: domino400-bounces+kim=kimgreene.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Created a suranas setup for fp2. Just the 8.5.1 to 8.5.1fp2 upgrade,
not a full install kit.
- Added kit (network file share) to Smart Upgrade Database.
- Added policy and assigned it to everyone on 8.5.1.
- Within an hour I have 4 users now using FP2. Not counting me, who
followed this same path but assigned the policy to me first.
- Download full 8.5.1FP2
- Create suranas setup for it.
- Replace 8.5.1 kit with 8.5.1FP2 kit and bypass the two steps for the
hundreds of users still running a gamut of releases prior to 8.5.1.
- Go whole hog in rolling out training to everyone.
- Soon as they finish training assign the 8.5.1FP2 policy to them.
Current pmr opened: Why does the Smart Upgrade Tracking Database rarely
get an entry?
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.