- Created a suranas setup for fp2. Just the 8.5.1 to 8.5.1fp2 upgrade,
not a full install kit.
- Added kit (network file share) to Smart Upgrade Database.
- Added policy and assigned it to everyone on 8.5.1.
- Within an hour I have 4 users now using FP2. Not counting me, who
followed this same path but assigned the policy to me first.
- Download full 8.5.1FP2
- Create suranas setup for it.
- Replace 8.5.1 kit with 8.5.1FP2 kit and bypass the two steps for the
hundreds of users still running a gamut of releases prior to 8.5.1.
- Go whole hog in rolling out training to everyone.
- Soon as they finish training assign the 8.5.1FP2 policy to them.
Current pmr opened: Why does the Smart Upgrade Tracking Database rarely
get an entry?
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2020 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact