Doesn't Trend log everything it catches? When was the last time it caught
anything?
see
smd/smvlog.nsf

"Blocked by Filter Rules" catches stuff. These are attempts to
send/receive attachments by extension. For example *.exe, *.wmv, etc.
That's rather current.
"Blocked by Outbreak Prevention Service" hasn't stopped a virus since
2004.
"Deleted by Attachment Type" catches stuff, but it's pretty much the same
as "Blocked by Filter Rules".

I suppose you can add stuff in Filter rules to notify someone whenever you
see key words like: resume, boss sucks, etc to notify the appropriate
personnel.