Before discovering these API's I tried to access
/QIBM/UserData/LOTUS/LOTUS_SERVERS directly by using CPYFRMIMPF or
CPYFRMSTMF. And had something working. Then I put on V5R3 and the way
IBM went freaking nuts with CCSID stuff on those commands at V5R3 and
above blew those programs out of the water. If I was really loath to use
the APIs (which I am not) then I'd use Scott Klements' tutorial on how to
access the IFS versus the CPYFRM... commands.