The picture in the link is a personal address book, but you can add a photograph to a contact in either one. I would imagine that most of the contacts containing pictures in a local address book would simply be contacts copied from the Domino Directory, given that most endusers aren't going to go to the trouble of adding a picture to a contact in their personal address book.